Each film coated tablet contains Levofloxacin Hemihydrate INN equivalent to Levofloxacin INN 500 mg.
LEVOSAFE is indicated in the treatment of following infections.
* Acute maxillary sinusitis
* Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
* Community acquired pneumonia.
* Complicated and uncomplicated urinary tract infection.
* Complicated and uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infection.
Dosage and administration:
* Acute sinusitis: 500 mg daily for 10-14 days.
* Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis : 250-500 mg daily for 7-10 days.
* Community-aquired pneumonia: 500 mg once or twice daily for 7-14 days.
* Urinary tract infection: 250 mg daily for 7-14 days.
* Uncomplicated skin and soft-tissue infections: 500 mg once daily for 7-10 days.
* Complicated skin and soft-tissue infections: 750 mg once daily for 7-14 days.
LEVOSAFE is conraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to it or other quinlone antimicrobial agents.
LEVOSAFE should be used with caution in the presence of renal insufficiency. In patients with impaired renal function (Creatinine clearance <50 ml/min), adjustment of the dose is necessary to avoid the accumulation of Levofloxacin due to decreased clearance.
Use in pregnancy and lactation:
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. LEVOSAFE may excrete in breast millk. During lactation it should not be used.
Cardiovascular collapse, Hypotension, Seizure, loss of consciousness, bronchospasm, acute respiratory distress, Urticaria, Vertigo.
Keep in cool (below 300 c), dry place and away from light. How supplied: 2 x 10’s tablets in blister strip pack.