Injection: Each ml contains Meloxicam BP 20 mg and Paracetamol BP 150 mg.
Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the oxicam family. It acts by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, thereby excreting anti-inflammatory, anti-exudative, analgesic and antipyretic properties. Meloxicam has anti-endotoxic properties too.
Cattle: Inflammation, pain, fever, lameness, dehorning & castration. It is also used as supportive therapy in acute respiratory infection, diarrhea, acute mastitis etc.
Pig: Inflammation and locomotion disorders.
Dosage and administration
Cattle: 1 ml/40 kg body weight (0.5 mg/kg) SC/IV/IM as a single dose.
Or as directed by the registered veterinarian.
- Animal less than six weeks old.
- Animals hypersensitive to Meloxicam.
- Contraindicated in animals with impaired renal, hepatic or cardiac function.
Use in pregnancy and lactation:
Not recommended for use in pregnant or lactating animals.
Do not administer concurrently with steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (SAID) & other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID).
- A slight transient swelling at the injection site following S/C injection may be seen.
- Prolong use may cause gastrointestinal lesions, loss of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea.
May cause increased likelihood of bleeding if use in conjunction with corticosteroids, heparin, warfarin, aspirin, flunixin & phenylbutazone.
Cattle: Meat- 15 days, Milk – 5 days
Pig: Meat – 5 days.
Store in a cool & dry place, protected from light.
Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
Injection: 5, 10 & 30 ml vial.